Office of Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs oversees academic programs, instruction, student admission and retention, faculty appointment and development, and academic support services. As an institution, PC is dedicated to promoting academic excellence through the liberal arts with a focus on interdisciplinary collaboration, engaged learning, and undergraduate research. Shaped by the Catholic and 800-year Dominican spiritual and intellectual tradition, PC cultivates passion for Truth and thirst for virtue and justice through study, contemplation, and service. This is a tradition that sees the ultimate goals of education in contemplative wisdom – an education that is intellectually probing, ethically centered, and social and morally aware.
We foster a community that celebrates diversity and unity and strive to be a place where all are welcomed, included, and supported. As chief academic officer, I am committed to the highest quality of service to the members of our community and the pursuit of excellence in all our undergraduate and graduate programs.
Dr. Hugh F. Lena,
Provost and Senior Vice President
Faculty Investment Initiatives
Providence College offers a variety of resources for faculty members at all levels of their careers. These faculty investment resources include discretionary funds, faculty and student travel allotments, instructional resources and laptop loans, and orientation for new faculty members. In addition, mentoring mini-grants, open educational resources, and leadership development funds are available. If you are on campus, more information can be found on the Office of Academic Affairs’ portal site or by clicking the tabs below.
- Laurie L. Grupp, Ph.D.
- Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence
- Provost’s Advisor on Faculty Development Initiatives
- Associate Professor of Elementary/Special Education
Faculty Development Council
- Mark Caprio, Center for Engaged Learning
- Julie DeCesare, Instructional Technology Development Program
- Laurie Grupp, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Bill Hogan, Center for Engaged Learning
- Dan Horne, School of Business
- Bryan Marinelli, Office of Academic Services
- Alyssa Marton, Office of Academic Affairs
- Brian McCadden, School of Professional Studies
- Kris Monahan, Sponsored Research and Programs
- Maureen Outlaw, School of Arts & Sciences
- Rev. Gabriel Pivarnik, O.P., Office of Mission & Ministry